My Sussex chicken breathes weird. Cloudy white liquid coming out from her mouth.

targaryen9

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2015
this last month i lost around 4 chickens due to diseases and I wasnt able to save any of them but this one i really want to save. She is one of my first chickens, she is 8 months old now and I struggled to raise her up to 8 months old, I refuse to let her die.

She seems to breath weird, not active but not lethargic. Every 10 seconds or so she gasps for air, stretching her neck forward. I thought maybe she had a problem with her crop(which i checked but it seems normal to me). However, I did massage her crop hoping she would feel a little bit better and all of a sudden a white liquid(cloudy) started dripping from her mouth. I kept massaging trying to release as much as i could.

Please any help would be appreciated. Im too exhausted from losing my chickens and I'll probably cry if this one dies.

She is drinking but not eating. Believe it or not we dont have vets for poultry in my country. The only thing that i can do is to guess whats wrong with them and go to the pharmacy and buy the appropriate one. So you guys are my vets.
I'll try to post a pic of her poop. I never de wormed my chickens(this is the first case of this disease I've had so far and hopefully the last). And yes i think she did lose some weight.

Back
Top Bottom