My sweet baby unknown issues help

Lavkid

Chirping
Mar 11, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
She used to be active. Sleeps all the time now. When I put my hand in the brooder she still comes and wants to be held. She drinks little water and picks at the food. A little off balanced and fluffed up. Poor baby has no more spunk. I've tried worming everyone, then I tried corrid for the blood poop that was going around. Now about a week later she weighs lighter then paper (I could feel the difference) she's bony and her crop is non existent.
Please, if someone can help I don't want to loose my sweet girl. I can tell she isn't doing well because she would rather stay in my hands.

IMG_20180518_193516384.jpg

I'm sorry, that sounds like coccidiosis to me, but since you already treated with Corid...
Possibly necrotic enteritis? (Just a guess. I've read about it, but never seen it.)

I'd begin with poultry vitamins (low-iron poly-vi-sol will work) and some hydration.

Electrolytes: saline will help her absorb the water she drinks better, baking soda helps with stomach upset and pH balance, and sugar gives energy. You can make Electrolytes:
2 qt. water
1tsp salt
1tbsp sugar/honey/corn syrup
1tsp baking soda.

Probiotics may help out her gut fauna, though I've only ever used it for calves (with fairly good results.)

Sorry if you're already doing this.

Coccidiosis is what I say too.
Exactly how much Corid did you use?

When you say you tried worming everyone...what exactly did you use and how did you give it to them?

I would be inclined to give her another 5 days of the Corid, and dip her beak every hour or more several times to get plenty of the water. Giving probiotics, or taking some plain brand name yogurt and mixing a tsp into some watery feed and try ofering it to her throughout the day would be good for her gut bacteria. She needs to be kept warm and drinking to get better.

She passed last night :( I'll do corrid for everyone else that was with her again but I was doing the corrid in water for a week. I waited a couple days then did the safeguard wormer for another 5 days. Before she passed last night I gave everyone save a chick mix with probiotics.

She passed last night :( I'll do corrid for everyone else that was with her again but I was doing the corrid in water for a week. I waited a couple days then did the safeguard wormer for another 5 days. Before she passed last night I gave everyone save a chick mix with probiotics.

I am sorry for your loss.
IYou need to treat your entire flock for coccidiosis at the same time.
Not one bird here and there.

If the coccidiosis is not caught quick and treated it will tear up their insides and kill them.

How much Corid are you putting in the water?

You gave Safeguard for 5 days straight?
How much did you give?

You should not give vitamins while using Corid.
Save it for after your the Corid treatment.

Please post the exact amounts you have tried using.

You can reduce the dosage of the Corid to 1/2 of the liquid Corid or 1/3 tsp of the powder Corid per gallon of water for the next 5 days if the others are looking okay. Then after that use vitamins and probiotics for several days. Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom