My sweet new Momma chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FisherMOM, Nov 13, 2008.

1. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Well, My "broody" has been a momma now for 13 days and she is starting to act her normal self. She was broody for almost 3 months.

The past 2 days she has started jumping up to my shoulders or any part of me that she can again. Her chicks do it too and i am thrilled. Maybe they won't be scared of us.

Anyways, I came home from work tonight (about 9:15) and had to lock the pop door of the coop. As I went in, Midnight and her babies are in a dog crate in the shed just outside of the coop, she heard me and started pacing in the crate. I opened it and took her out for her nightly "poo" in the grass and then put her back in her crate with the babies. She does not poo in the crate but waits for me to remove her and set her in the grass.

She was not thrilled and kept pacing. I thought maybe she had to go more so I let her out. She proceeded to jump up on my knee and snuggle down. So I gave her lots of TLC and she was almost purring. [​IMG] awwwwwww.

When I put her back in the crate, her and the babies cuddled up to go to sleep.

I just adore my chickens!

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    awww! to sweet [​IMG]

3. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    WOW! Thats so cool, you have to love the snuggle bug chickens!! I wish they were all like that!!![​IMG]

4. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Oh my gosh too cute. Makes me want to go out and snuggle my chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by