My sweet Silkie Rooster sadly needs a new home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by 6inarow, Nov 9, 2013.

1. 6inarow

6inarow New Egg

May 8, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    [​IMG]

The city I live in just recently passed a new ordinance outlawing roosters. Mine will be 2 in April. He's small, not so loud, and very friendly. He is completely tame and affectionate. He has taken great care of the hens. Sadly, I need to find a good home for him. I am just north of Seattle, so anyone interested PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. TOP KNOT

TOP KNOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    SHERIDAN IL
    If he is not loud, who would know you even have him? I would just keep him. Especially if you really love him!

3. frg34

frg34 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2012
    Agree. You have had him for 2 years so your neighbors probably don't have an issue. A dozen eggs every so often keep them on your side too.

4. 6inarow

6inarow New Egg

May 8, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    The City already paid a visit. He's not too loud, but kind of a watch dog. Whenever anyone comes or goes he crows. It's kind of cool, but apparently my neighbors have a different opinion since the new ordinance came into effect. I am waiting for city offices to open tomorrow to make a big deal. I am hoping there is some loop-hole into being able to keep him. Otherwise, I need to re-home him. Breaks my heart.

As for my neighbors, no comment as to remain neighborly. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by