My sweet turkun Rosie needs help

Debshappyflock71

Chirping
Oct 2, 2021
I don’t normally post but I do watch a lot of videos and read a lot of post on here and usually can figure out the info I need but I’m not sure about this one. I’ve been noticing I haven’t gotten any eggs from Rosie my turkun so I started thinking she must be eating her eggs because she does go in the nest boxes . Then I thought maybe she’s been stressed because since all my pullets grew and moved into the adult coup she kinda been hiding out in the brahma coup in the evening so I started thinking all them pullets that moved in turned into a bunch of roosters . I coolant even give them away so now 15 roosters are in the freezer now only one rooster. But last night as I was securing all the coups I notice a big swollen red warm to touch area from the front area and goes all the way up to over her breast area. I’m thinking impacted or sour crop then maybe egg bound egg but I’m not sure . I’m afraid of treating her for the wrong and not the rite thing . Or if it could maybe be something else more serious . Any advice or info would be highly appreciated please help me help Rosie . Thanks in advance. And I’m so sorry for such a long post.

Attachments

• 8847881D-3A36-43FC-AEF9-E2321DA979D3.jpeg
    8847881D-3A36-43FC-AEF9-E2321DA979D3.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 5
Gently squeeze it. Is it hard or soft? If soft, was there any sound? Did she puke any? Look it all over. Is there any old or new scabs anywhere on it?

@Wyorp Rock

It’s not hard but it’s soft and hot to touch I’ll have yo reexamine in the morning. And once she’s done drinking and eating she hides out in the nest box I think so the others don’t bother her. I’m setting up a coup so I can isolate and try to begin some kind of treatment in the morning

I don’t normally post but I do watch a lot of videos and read a lot of post on here and usually can figure out the info I need but I’m not sure about this one. I’ve been noticing I haven’t gotten any eggs from Rosie my turkun so I started thinking she must be eating her eggs because she does go in the nest boxes . Then I thought maybe she’s been stressed because since all my pullets grew and moved into the adult coup she kinda been hiding out in the brahma coup in the evening so I started thinking all them pullets that moved in turned into a bunch of roosters . I coolant even give them away so now 15 roosters are in the freezer now only one rooster. But last night as I was securing all the coups I notice a big swollen red warm to touch area from the front area and goes all the way up to over her breast area. I’m thinking impacted or sour crop then maybe egg bound egg but I’m not sure . I’m afraid of treating her for the wrong and not the rite thing . Or if it could maybe be something else more serious . Any advice or info would be highly appreciated please help me help Rosie . Thanks in advance. And I’m so sorry for such a long post.
Re-check the crop first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat or drink to see if it's empty/flat.
If the crop is emptying, then I would not treat her with anything.

Does she happen to be broody?

Re-check the crop first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat or drink to see if it's empty/flat.

Not broody she stop laying eggs she just made a year old

Not broody she stop laying eggs she just made a year old
At a year old she should be in her production prime. She stopped laying eggs, or you think she's eating them?
Does she have any bloat or swelling in her abdomen below the vent between her legs?

In the photo she looks bright and healthy looking to me.

I’ve been noticing I haven’t gotten any eggs from Rosie my turkun so I started thinking she must be eating her eggs because she does go in the nest boxes .

I rechecked it’s not as swollen but it hasn’t gone all the way down

Back
Top Bottom