1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My Swing Set Chicken Coop..

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by OstranderMike, Aug 11, 2010.

1. erindubb

erindubb Songster

Apr 18, 2010
    Are you freaking kidding me?? How clever and cool. Can you come and do that to mine? [​IMG] Great job!

2. lovinlife

lovinlife Songster

That is great!!!

3. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Songster

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    LOVE it! I'm glad to hear the boys have another set to play on, though. [​IMG] I eye my daughters' metal swingset every day thinking it i would make a good run frame!

Why did the chicken cross the swingset?

..........to get to the other slide!

[​IMG]

4. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Nice work! And adorable boys!! [​IMG]

5. anthonyjames

anthonyjames Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    Port Washington, WI
  6. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Songster

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    that is cute but the chicken wire is only to keep the chicken in not predator they can get in replace the wire with hardware cloth. than the girl will be safe
    laura

7. krcote

krcote Songster

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Never mind that coop, those just may be 2 of the cutest boys I have EVER seen! [​IMG]

8. CindyG

CindyG Songster

What a great idea, and job!! I want to know what kinds of chickens your boys are holding, the white one looks like a White Leghorn, but the three I have that look exactly like that are all crowing!! What is the other one?

9. OstranderMike

OstranderMike Chirping

Aug 11, 2010
    Ostrander, Ohio
    Thanks Everyone! @Cindy, you are right about the leghorn...she is a great layer too. The other one in the picture is a Light Brahma. We have a pair of them. They are so docile and soft. They aren't laying yet but probably in a month or so. They are brown egg layers and are suppose to be good layers in the winter.
    @Sunflowerenvy - Thanks for the tip, I hadn't ever heard of hardwire cloth but after looking it up it seems like a great idea. I will definitely modify the coop and replace the chicken wire. I got such great ideas off of these message boards and website, I am convinced that chicken people are some of the most creative around.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: