My temps dropped in lockdown!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LegginMF12, Dec 2, 2011.

1. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I went into lock down last night. When I went to bed my temp 101.9 and humidity was 67%, it had been holding steady for over 2 hours. I got up this morning and my temp had dropped to 100 and my humidity was down to 60%. There is condensation on the viewing windows. Should I be worried? Will this just delay my hatch by a day or so? Did it kill them? All 9 eggs were active at time of lock down. I am using a Hova-bator 1602n still air.

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Your eggs should be ok. That little bit of a drop isn't going to hurt them. I would try to get the humidity up somewhat. I have a 1602N also. I did add a fan to mine.

3. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I have every reservoir in it filled. I am worried about the condensation. I hope the temp increase will dissipate it. I am shooting for at least 70%. But since it is in lock down I don't want to open it! [​IMG]

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I get condensation on my viewing panes too but I don't worry about it as long as the humidity is where it should be.

5. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    Keeping my finger crossed! [​IMG] At least I won't be sitting home staring at the 'bator. I have to work today 2-10. But I'm betting I will be getting up 9 times to night to check the temps. Sunday is going to be nerve wracking, I have to work from 2 p.m to 7 a.m (17 hrs!). Sadly, I am kinda hoping it will delay my hatch by at least a day.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't worry. I have hatched with humidity in the 40's. Didn't like it but the hatch was semi successful.

7. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I will be happy if I get half. This is my second attempt. The first failed 100% due to faulty thermometer. I gave a couple of eggs to a fellow BYC'er and got 1 chick from it. SHE is currently living in the garage and is a little lonely. I really want to get this hatching thing down as I want to get some higher quality B/B/S Orpington's. I currently have hatchery Buffs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by