My Text is Coming Out as Code. Possible Forum Issue?

shadow rabbit10

Crowing
7 Years
Mar 3, 2012
New Jersey
Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences
Hello. You can probably already see my issue. My text is coming out as code and when someone quotes my posts, they come out as a series of British Flags, but return to code when posted. My computer, a Macbook, is brand new, the second day I'm using it is today. This issue appeared last night. I am having no issues with any other websites, I had virus protection installed, and I cannot see the issue, only others can. I think there may be an issue with the site since I haven't gotten any virus alerts or other problems. However, I am having no problems with my other appliances (iPad, other macbook). I don't know why this is happening.
Shadow

We're not receiving any other reports and all your text above looks fine to me (no code or flags or anything weird).

Perhaps it is a problem with the language pack on your computer or your browser?

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences
That's strange, on other threads its doing that. It was working fine the first hours I was using BYC, then the weird thing started happening. I don't know how I would access the language pack, but this isn't happening elsewhere.

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences
I think when I was trying to figure out how to paste something, I hit the command and control keys at the same time, several times. Could this be the issue? My problem started happening after I did this. How would I fix it if it was these keys?

I have been having same problem starting in mid-april, mac user, yahoo account. Every email I write adds this at the bottom:

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences
PreferencesEnglish

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences
I can't because I can't see the issue from my laptop. :/ I'll try to get a pic from another device. I wonder if it has something to do with me pressing the control and command keys at the same time?

Thought I'd help out here since I can see the issue. I had to zoom out to get this and you still can't see all the stuff that's appearing:

Also when I tried to quote to see if I could get a screenshot of the british flags, that didn't happen but a ton of html code showed up:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom