My Thoughts On LG Auto Turners

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BirdBoy88, Jan 20, 2009.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Hey everyone.. [​IMG]

i have to tell you all my thoughts on the LG auto turners... as most of you know there are 2 sets of LG auto turners the old version and the new version.

Ok i have used both versions and for me i truly love the old version of the LG auto turner ...

the old version the eggs get more heat to them from all angles and the temp stays way more steady in the bator over all... when i use the old version after the first day you can pick up one of the eggs and feel how well heated the egg is from top to bottom and the eggs stay in place they don't bump and move all around when the auto turner rotates from side to side and i have put all sizes of eggs in that old version LG turner ..from a large duck egg all the way down to a button quail egg and have had good hatches from it for me the old LG auto egg turner is the best and i will always use it way more than the new version.

New LG auto egg turner...

i have used the new LG auto egg turner twice since i have bought it and i can say i am not happy with it.

All eggs don't fit in it and even chicken eggs some chicken eggs don't fit due to there sizes then eggs that are in the turner bump and slide when the turner rotates and the bottom of the egg does not get any heat.. the top of the egg is warm but the bottom is cool to the touch.And when the turner turns to one side the top of the egg will bump and press on the other rack that is next to it stopping the egg from fully turning on it's side and when i use the new LG auto turner my temp in my bator does not stay steady!

Old LG auto egg turner

[​IMG]

New LG auto turner

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts?

2. brkuk

brkuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    so far so good with the new turner. i have many different size eggs. (silkies, isa brown, buff orp and br) yes the little ones shift a little more than I would like. I will find out on Sunday the results on my first dozen eggs. Everything looks good. My PC fan helps keep my temp steady.

3. brkuk

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    I was also thinking of drilling holes in the bottom of the cups for added heat the bottom of the egg. Just a thought.

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:The bottom of the new LG turner?

they should already have holes in the bottom of each cup.

5. My turner finally broke !!

The motor heated up so bad in the incubator that the temperature would actually rise. I know others that had the same problem, but mine bit the dust this last hatch. I have not been happy with the whole thing and I will use the LG for a brooder now.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Most people don't like LG's in general .. but for those who use them and like them.. i am pointing out the auto turners for the LG and our thoughts on them on the turners.

I am so sorry that happen to you. Auto turners on all types of bator have and can do that.. it just sucks when it dose.

7. brkuk

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    bigger holes.

8. natalie1136

natalie1136 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    Dennison Illinois
    I have the old turner, but it stopped working. Can i get a new motor for this turner or do i have to replace the whole thing?

9. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    i too love the old style, i like being able to rearrange to cups to keep all the eggs evenly spaced on the rails,

10. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    Quote:yes you can, shop around tho,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by