My three chicks - I think I have a roo??

Murs

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 23, 2011
North SD County
My chicks are 6 weeks old on Saturday and I have finally named them.. Can anyone tell what breed they are at this age?

I purchased the fertile eggs from a local farm. I know one egg was Americauna fertilized by a R.I. rooster. Have no idea which chick that is, my guess would be Daisy.

The other eggs could be R.I. red, Production red, and black sex link.

I named one Joey, I'm thinking he might be a roo. What do you think? Am I right or is it still too early to tell?

Thanks!

Good looking birds and I love how you did their photos!

X2 on hatchery RIRs or Production Reds. If they develop a lot of black feathers in the tail, they are RIRs. If not, they are Production Reds.

All three? The reason I ask is because one of the eggs hatched was blue and I was told it was an Americauna.

Thanks for the tip on the black tail feathers.

What about Joey? Is he a roo?

All three? The reason I ask is because one of the eggs hatched was blue and I was told it was an Americauna.

Thanks for the tip on the black tail feathers.

What about Joey? Is he a roo?

None of these 3 look like any Amaracanas I have ever seen, Joey looks to be a cockerel, and keep an eye on poppy too!

These are the eggs I hatched. I did lose one baby chick that was all black but I was told that was a Black sex link so I should still have the Ameracauna.

Back
Top Bottom