My tiny ducklings swimming...Pics

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by luvmychicknkids, Mar 30, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Since I am obviously not the only new duck owner here, wondering when it is safe for the babies to go into the water, I wanted to show off my darlings swimming. I bought them Friday and they started swimming Saturday. [​IMG] Cute, cute, CUTE!!!!! They have a blast! Just be prepared to clean ducky poop out of your tub!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awwww....too cute!! I miss having ducklings in my tub! Hubby dosent tho! LOL!![​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My call ducks are laying again so, I might have to let them hatch some out this spring. I haven't the last couple of years because I didn't have room for more, but I miss the cute little ducklings.....don't miss their mess tho!! [​IMG] I love to watch them play in the water.

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Very cute! I cant wait to do that with my new duckling

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] aww cute duckies thanks for sharing [​IMG]

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Oh they are too cute! How old are they now? I just brought home two blue swedish ducklings that are about two weeks old. My son can't wait to have them swim in the tub with him.

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks everyone, I think they are pretty precious. [​IMG] I am not sure exactly how old they are, but going on the assumption that they couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 days old at the most when I got them, they should be 4 or 5 days old now. I literally JUST got the little monsters. [​IMG] They are so full of personality. Yours, henrietta, are definitely old enough if mine can. [​IMG] I just don't turn my back on them for a second and make sure the water is shallow enough for them to stand. Have fun, I know your son will love it. [​IMG]

8. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Yes my 15 had their first swim the other day in about 3 inches of water in the turtle pool. They sure do like to crap in the water, thats for sure!!

9. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    My son and I picked up some ducks Friday brought them home and let them swim in the kitchen sink. My wife wasnt that impressed with ducks in the sink untill the little Kaki's started diving and swimming under the water comming up and shaking there little tail feathers off. TOO CUTE!
    Maybe we should give them more room and switch them to the tub.

PS get one of those traps made for keeping hair from going down the drain, should help on the clean up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by