My Tractor was Delivered Today Pictures of Unloading

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by geareduplyn, Mar 2, 2009.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    My tractor was delivered today. I dug it out of the shed it was stored in a couple of weeks ago and left it in the hands of the delivery company. The drivers called yesterday and said they would be here midday. The one thing I didn't expect was for it to be on the front of the truck. I was also susprised at my emotional reaction when it arrived. I started driving this tractor as soon as I was big enough to hang onto the steering wheel with both hands and push in the clutch with my foot. I quite literally grew up on this tractor. I probably spent more time on it than any other activity of my youth. Pull into even a 40 acre piece with 2 14" plows and see how long it takes to turn it under. When it was pulled up in front on the truck today, it was like the arrival of an old and trusted friend. This tractor, at the time it was new(1936) was just a step up from, and a supplement to horse and mule teams, which we also farmed with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It's beautiful, a work of art. I learned to drive on one similar that was my grandad's.

3. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    That looks like the reuniteing of great friends

4. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    That is so cool, does it still run??? I see it is a John Deere, Nothing Runs Like A Deere, lol. We bought DGD a JD t-shirt the other day it says, "Dirt Makes Me Cuter", she is 3yrs and very proud of her shirt.

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:I saw that shirt at TSC this weekend but they didnt have it in my little ones size. Cool JD i bet it still starts up right away. We had a newer model in germany . I loved it. Drats now i got that song stuck in my head" ... in John Deere green.....Darn it Joe Diffie for singing that earworm.

6. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    I have rode on an little Allis Chalmer and old John Deere so many times with my grandad. I rode on the side while he was plowing. Man he was a wild driver- I had to hold on for dear life!! I've rode on a slide pulled by horses and ponies too. Been bounced off a few times too!! That's how he broke horses. He hooked to a slide and made them pull it all day!! At the end of the day he would unhook it from the slide and tell us to get up on it. Poor horse was so exhausted couldn't buck or anything!! Glad you got your little tractor back!!

Wayne
    n
    Tennessee

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    JD's are awesome! My dad has one like that, along with many others. He also has an International and a couple Cub Cadets.
    I have a 750 Utility Tractor with a Bucket, it is extremely handy. I also have a 5ft Bush Hog and a Box Blade for it.

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
  9. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    I LOVE old tractors! We have a 57 ford that we use for this and that several times a week.

10. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    That is sooo cool. The elderly man up the street plows his field every year with a very old looking tractor. It's just so neat watching him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by