My tribute to Zerelda.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by sillysister74, Nov 2, 2010.

1. sillysister74

sillysister74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    About 15 minutes ago I went outside to feed my "Welcoming Committee" and noticed I was one short. I looked in the back yard and found a pile of feathers and one of my dogs with her wing in her mouth. She was my favorite as she had pink feet and bill, never bit me and always let me hold and love on her. She was my 1st year Anniversary present as well as my Birthday present this year. She was my second goose but Jesse's first love (my first goose). She loved it when I brought cantaloupe and mango peels and was the first to tell the others how slices of cold watermelon tastes. I would sit on my stool and watch her play in her pool and she would get excited when I bit off apple pieces and gave the to her. It is strange I know to be grieving over a goose, and many do not understand it. I am sorry if I am rambling on but if anyone would understand my feelings now, I know it would be my friends on here.

A picture of my beloved Zerelda James

[​IMG]

2. Lund121671

Lund121671 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Wisconsin
    so sorry for your loss. I NEVER trust my dogs around any of my waterfowl/chickens. They are all fenced off from our main yard with 3' wire (minimum) and on the side with the dogs a strand of electric about 5 inches off of the ground. One zap from that and they steer clear for weeks untill they forget again. Love the electric fence for the dogs and love our waterfowl/chickens also.

3. sillysister74

Apr 8, 2010
    We have three strands of electric fencing, but the geese cross it all the time. The dogs were in their right place but I cannot have a dog that eats geese and she has had problems eating other animals so she is going by tomorrow or Thursday.

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    Quote:sillysister,

thank you for sharing the lovely picture of Zerelda James.
    I love to hear stories about other's birds, and obviously Zerelda was a very very special goose.
    I do understand your grief and loss, and I am deeply sorry.
    Bless your heart, and I hope you pain eases with time.

Beth

6. horsefeather

horsefeather Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2010
    Those of us on here certainly know the pain you are feeling. When people love animals, it hurts SO bad to lose them. Your girl was beautiful, thanks for sharing her lovely photo with us. You will meet her again!
    Pam

7. Jenifer Kraus

Jenifer Kraus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    Quote:This made me very teary eyed. I so know the feeling and I feel for your loss. And as horsefeather said , you will meet her again.

8. crazy goose lover

crazy goose lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Athens Illinois
    [​IMG] So sorry for your loss. Both of your goose and your dog. Thank you for sharing her life with us.

9. JROOSTER

JROOSTER Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. sillysister74

Apr 8, 2010
    Thank you for all of your sweet words. It means a lot that you care.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by