My TSC chicks got moved outside......pics too:-)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    I got these chicks a month ago and boy are they cute!!! They got moved outside last weekend b/c they are feathered and the smell was bad. I did stick their bulb in the house incase they wanted it. It's plenty big enough that they can get away from it.

They are in a 10x10 kennel that's covered. I have chicken wire around the bottom and ended up cutting up an old tarp to put above the chicken wire part.
    They can jump pretty high and I didn't want them going through the chain link since they can fit through it

They are having a blast out there. Running everywhere and just have fun. My rooster feeling was correct just like all my other chicks. For some reason and everytime I have had chicks, the roosters love me. They are the ones I can't get away from...haha. I lucked out and got 2 boys out of the 6. They are the 1st to come see me, they jump in my lap, on my hands or on my arm now:)
    I am definately keeping the frizzle roo! He's my favorite along with frizzle hen. She likes me alot now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    how old was your roo b4 you knew he was a roo? i have 6 that are 3weeks old today & 1 has always had a comb but its yellow... & i have a black frizzle cochin that is starting 2 develope a comb .. but nobody is turning red ohh i wish i knew if i have roos or hens....

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    They were about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks old I'm guessing when I got them. I had a feeling he was a roo from the 3rd day b/c of the way he acted.....just like all the others. His comb started getting bigger and turning red about 2 weeks ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by