1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My turkens..and a polish, just cuz

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Aug 26, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    All the talk of turkens today inspired me to take a few pics. Sorry, pics are of poor quality due to operator error and a slow camera.

My adult turkens are molting. There is an unwritten BYC law that says you are not allowed to photograph your hens in molt, but I feel like living dangerously (just hope Speckledhen doesn't catch me [​IMG] ).

Ivy, the boss of the big coop:

[​IMG]

Pansy:

[​IMG]

Pansy's twin Mandi:

[​IMG]

Mandi again:

[​IMG]

One of my two trahmas (turken over brahma) who will soon be much larger than my adult turken hens - this is Sally:

[​IMG]

This is Polly:

[​IMG]

The youngest of the turken gang, Annie, refused to be photographed.

And here is my someday proud rooster...I hope...Ozzy:

[​IMG]

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    you;re turkens look so sweet, I jus wanna pick 'em up and hold them! [​IMG]

3. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Hey hey hey! You over there! Yes, you with the pretty turkens! Can I have one?? [​IMG]

In all seriousness, they are really pretty. [​IMG] And the rooster is impressive too [​IMG]

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:You want what I call a sure 'nuff turken or do you want a little brahma blood mixed in? [​IMG] Seriously, Polly and Sally are not even six months old and they are bigger than my adult turken hens.

Ozzy the roo is useless for flock protection, but he makes a nice yard decoration.

5. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:Oh, wait you weren't talkin' about me? [​IMG]
    I'm still waiting for people to start importing Brahmas to Australia that aren't a whole plane flight away [​IMG] Though, when you think of it, a Polish x Turken.... [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm still waiting for people to start importing Brahmas to Australia that aren't a whole plane flight away [​IMG] Though, when you think of it, a Polish x Turken.... [​IMG]

Ain't happening. Ozzy would have to be able to see a turken hen before he could mate her and I don't intend to ever trim his crest. [​IMG]

7. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Ooooh, theyre so pretty!!!

(I take it that the turken conversations had something to do with moi?) [​IMG]

8. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010

Ain't happening. Ozzy would have to be able to see a turken hen before he could mate her and I don't intend to ever trim his crest. [​IMG]

[​IMG] aw, is he a little one? [​IMG]

I've tried trimming my silkies crest.Funny story, she has such long hair that she can't see so what she would do was wet it in the waterer and flick her head back so it kinda got gelled back like Elvis and after a while she realised mud would also do the job and.... ugh. You get the idea [​IMG]

9. Silkiesandco

Silkiesandco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada eh?
    Beautiful Turkens! Just got another, i plan to do showgirls then maybe turken x speckled sussex. I would also love to have a frizzle or a green egg layer [​IMG]. So versatile!

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yeppers [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by