My turkey coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Fun Farmer, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Fun Farmer

Fun Farmer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2014
    tampa
    [​IMG]
    Just wanted to share my turkey coop build. The coop will be 10ft x 6ft x 8ft. The area to the left of the screen will be my duck enclosure. It should be 20ft by 30ft when done and completely covered. Im adding two rabbit boxes on each side of the main coop which will house my 4 bunnies. To the right of the screen, I will clear all those old dead trees that were knocked out by a tropical storm this past summer, and that area will be a large covered run for my turks. Im planning on getting 5 royal palm turkeys. Once all is complete, I may get a goose or two just for giggles.

2. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014
    Wow, that sounds like the quite the production! One-stop shopping, so to speak. It looks great so far.

3. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

What do you mean by a rabbit box?

4. Fun Farmer

Aug 25, 2014
    tampa
    I mean housing for my rabbits. Instead of the stand alone hutches I have now.

5. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

What kind of style are they, the ones you plan to build? Like a house and run for rabbits?

6. Fun Farmer

Aug 25, 2014
    tampa
    [​IMG]
    Here is a better pic and I have the roof done. There are two, two level rabbit boxes with a bedding area here. The dimensions are roughly 5 ft wide by 4 ft tall and 16 inches deep. I will build an identical box on the other side if the coop that will house my third rabbit and all of the bedding and food. It will also serve as a nursery if I ever allow the rabbits to breed.
    I will put up a 4 ft fence around this side of the coop as well as bird netting over the top to protect from raptors. This will serve as a common run that my ducks and rabbits can share.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by