My turkey has a broke toe and a leg that won't grow right, PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Me_and_my_chicks, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Me_and_my_chicks

Me_and_my_chicks New Egg

May 29, 2017
    This is my first turkey, he is now about 1/12 months old but about two weeks ago I noticed he broke his middle right toe. I tried to make a cask if I could but no matter how many different models I make they all don't seem to help. Recently, I noticed that his left foot doesn't grow in front of him like this ( | | ) but,
    Like this ( | \ ) and when he lays down his left leg just goes behind him. I don't know what breed he is but he is not solid white, his feathers are very lightly tan. So two things: how do I help his broke toe and how do I make his other foot grow in front of him. This is my first post btw.

2. 4 Georgia Hens

4 Georgia Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    Welcome to BYC! Can u post a pic of his leg and toe? If I see a visual I probably can help u better! Lol!

3. Me_and_my_chicks

Me_and_my_chicks New Egg

May 29, 2017

4. Me_and_my_chicks

Me_and_my_chicks New Egg

May 29, 2017
    image.jpg I just lifted him up, his legs does that on their own, please tell me if you need a better pic, ^~^' I couldn't post a video

5. 4 Georgia Hens

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    Have u tried a therapy sling? It's basically a cloth with holes for the birds feet, attached to the sides of a bin? It can heal mareks virus and I think it might help u! Just make sure it has access to food and water.

6. Me_and_my_chicks

Me_and_my_chicks New Egg

May 29, 2017
    So does it just hang in the air?

7. 4 Georgia Hens

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    The fabric hangs in the bin, because it is attached to the sides of the bin. U could probably look it up for a picture!!

8. 4 Georgia Hens

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    It's attached inside the bin!

9. Me_and_my_chicks

Me_and_my_chicks New Egg

May 29, 2017
    So it will poop, eat and drink while hanging in the bin? And for how long? Until his legs heal?

10. 4 Georgia Hens

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    Hmm. Maybe u should look it up? I've never had to do it before, so I don't know the whole process. Lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by