my turkey hen broke her wing HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by java girl 2, Dec 12, 2011.

1. java girl 2

java girl 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    NY
    My 18 week old turkey hen broke her wing tip. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] How can I fix her wing??? PLEASE HELP!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Well, if she`s gonna break it, the tip is a great place. Use some sharp scissors and cut the feathers, then bandage it up. You might insert a couple popsicle sticks, or something similar as a splint. Make sure to use tape that can be removed in about 3 weeks. The feathers won`t grow back until she molts next fall. Merry Christmas........Pop

3. java girl 2

java girl 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    NY
    Quote:Well, if she`s gonna break it, the tip is a great place. Use some sharp scissors and cut the feathers, then bandage it up. You might insert a couple popsicle sticks, or something similar as a splint. Make sure to use tape that can be removed in about 3 weeks. The feathers won`t grow back until she molts next fall. Merry Christmas........Pop

how do I do a splint ??

4. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

how do I do a splint ??

From this question I would guess that you are better off just letting the wing tip heal on it`s own with no bandage or splint. It should be fine in a few weeks.......Pop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by