My turkey just had a big seizure and survived, what do I do now?

Jan 24, 2019
Hello! My mother had gotten me a few bbw poults a few months ago to be pets (bad idea, I know) and one of my boys had recently fallen ill. Yesterday he wasn’t moving very much so I removed him from his little flock and had him caged.
This morning, he wouldn’t stand, so I brought him inside so I could keep a better eye on him. He suddenly had a huge seizure that I did *not* expect him to survive at all, but after maybe 2 minutes, he fixed his wings closer to his body and looked up at me. What do I do now?? Would a vet be able to help him or is he doomed to have seizures for the rest of his life?

From my knowledge, he either hasn’t been pooping at all or his poops are perfectly normal,
His eyes stay wide and alert while awake,
And up until now, he has been the healthiest bbw in my flock!

You say a few months ago, so is he around 3 months old or how old is he? Also, what has he been eating? When you said he was falling ill, what symptoms was he having?

Edit: Autocorrect

Hello! My mother had gotten me a few bbw poults a few months ago to be pets (bad idea, I know) and one of my boys had recently fallen ill. Yesterday he wasn’t moving very much so I removed him from his little flock and had him caged.
This morning, he wouldn’t stand, so I brought him inside so I could keep a better eye on him. He suddenly had a huge seizure that I did *not* expect him to survive at all, but after maybe 2 minutes, he fixed his wings closer to his body and looked up at me. What do I do now?? Would a vet be able to help him or is he doomed to have seizures for the rest of his life?

From my knowledge, he either hasn’t been pooping at all or his poops are perfectly normal,
His eyes stay wide and alert while awake,
And up until now, he has been the healthiest bbw in my flock!
How's your turkey doing?

Back
Top Bottom