My Turkeys got out..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I bought these two 4 month old Royal Palm Turkeys last night and being cold out I just left them in the cage in my spare bedroom and took out to there pen this morning and boy I forgot to latch the door on pen while got there food and water and came back out of house with there food and water and I had these two beautiful turkeys taking a stole in the yard took me about 45 minutes to get them back in pen what a chore that was.. lol

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    OMG what a morning feat...hope you had your coffee first.

3. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Aren't turkeys fun! I just love my two turkey hens and my Tom. VERY fun birds!

4. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Yes I had one cup before started messing with them and yes they are fun..they have sorta calmed now in there new home..I have one other Royal Palm hen about 5 weeks old that live in pen with my 6 week RIW Chickens..when she gets bigger she Sofia will go into pen with Graci the female Turk and Albert the Tom.. I think the 4 mon olds are to big right now to put the 5 week old in pen with them now don't you.. so will have one tom and two hens when everyone grows up some..

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh yeah... coffee in this cold weather is the only way to deal with morning manic issues!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by