Not open for further replies.

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Okay, now I'm really ticked!!
somad.gif

That stupid bus driver has aggravated me for the last time.

Those of you that have been at my house know how long our driveway is. For those that haven't, it's about 1/4 mile long. It takes about 5-10 minutes to walk down there, depending on how fast I can get the kid moving, etc. etc. There is a creek that crosses the driveway almost to the road, maybe 50-75 feet from the road. The creek is, of course, lined with trees, plus the land on the north side is owned by the government, and they only mow it once or twice a year at most, so the grass is pretty high.

That stupid bus driver does not even bother to slow down if we are not practically standing in the road where he can see us. Today, Cris and I were on the road side of the creek in the driveway when we heard the bus coming. If that stupid jerk would just slow down and turn his head a bit, he would have seen us. This has happened at least 4 times so far this year.

On top of this the bus was 10 minutes early at least. He is supposed to come through around 6:45 - 6:50. It was 6:45 when we got back to the house, after he zoomed right past us.

And I just realized today was picture day, and I don't know when the make up day is. So I most likely won't have pictures to send with Christmas cards this year.

What ever happened to the bus drivers that would stop and honk their horns? Or at least slow down and see if you are coming?? I could understand if we were all the way at the house, but last winter we were once, and he did stop.

I just don't get what this guy's problem is, he is such a jerk!
somad.gif

ETA: My son missed the whole day because our vehicle is broke down. Luckily he is only in preschool, so his attendance doesn't count.

Last edited:
I would call the school district or wherever the buses run from and talk to them about the driver. They are supposed to slow down when approaching a stop. Sorry you had to go through that.
hugs.gif

I called the garage and the guy said that 'the bus driver does not have to stop by law if the child is not at the bus stop.' I'd love to know how he's supposed to know the child is not there when he doesn't even slow down?
rant.gif

ETA: There have been times that my son has taken off running if we are almost to the end of the driveway when the bus comes through. Kind of scary considering....

Last edited:
What about talking to the superintendent of the school? Maybe he could help.
hmm.png
Have you tried talking to the bus driver himself?

Hello, I was a bus driver in a very busy district.
1. It is your responsibility to be at the stoop 10 minutes or more before the bus arrives.

All to often, especially in rural areas, if one child does not ride, the bus will be early.

2. Bus drivers are on a scheduale just like you. It is unfortunate that on occasion ***** happens.

3. If you think you can do better, do it!

4. If it is a habitual problem, contact the district with your concerns. They will do their best to accommidate you.

Quote:
The bus driver is anti-social or something. Whenever I try to talk to him at all he just seems to not hear me.

HarlansHollowFarms~~ I understand that he is on a schedule, but if he is running 10 minutes early, he could afford to at least slow down and look!

\\One last note, in our district, it was a privelegde, not a right to ide the bus. (unless the child had a disability).

And if we do not see a child at a stop, it is up to our discresion as to whether we want to wait for a child running down the drive or not.

Ummm Shelley, today was National be kind to bus drivers day. LOL

I'm sorry that you have a crappy bus driver. We actually have a great guy who actually pulls over and waits if someone is running late.

Laurie

what preschool is it? is it the lake cumberland head start program? if so i can give you the program directors # (head honcho) and you can vent to her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom