My Two Cochin Bantams (pictures & videos)

James_UK

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 13, 2011
London, UK
Here is a short vid of my two enjoying a dustbath. It's their first week home and have settled in really well. sorry for the quality it was taken on an iphone. i shall upload some shots later.

Last edited:
They look like they are having a great time !!
wee.gif

They seem to be! They've settled in very well and are even used to my English bull terrier but i'd never trust my dog to be alone with them.

How cute!!
love.gif

Since you got grown gals (?).. are you getting eggs at present? None of ours are of laying age yet.

Our youngest batch of chicks at the moment includes 2 Cochins and 1 frizzled Cochin.. (as well as 1 silkie and 2 sizzles - frizzled cochin x silkie).

Having seen your other thread... if you are still curious about your coop/aviary door issue... can you explain more about the setup? Do you mean that the coop is inside a closed aviary which is in your yard? Or your chicken coop is in your yard with no door at the present?

welcome-byc.gif

Hi squishy and thanks!

my girls are both 7 months old and are indeed regular egg layers (every 2nd day per chicken). I was told to ensure theyre both happy and they will lay... second day i had them back i was rewarded with an egg but i keep them as pets so having eggs is a bonus to me.

My coop is enclosed inside a large aviary with a door that i open (attached to the aviary) to let them out/lock them in... so no little door on the coop, is this essential?

Thanks Squishy.

And here are pics of my cochins;

nnruom.jpg

2n83ci1.jpg

2prifzk.jpg

as you can slightly see in the last pic the coop that i built enclosed inside the aviary.

Here is my latest video of my two enjoying sweetcorn... watch closely the red 'bombs' the other!

Last edited:
Your new girls are so friendly and calm. I love cochins. I have a standard cochin roo named Henry. He so just a big teddy bear. Congrats on your new family members!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom