My two ducks! Getting so mature! *PICTURE HEAVY!*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aoxa, Feb 7, 2012.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

How can two ducks be as much work as 17 chickens? They are a lot of fun though. I could watch them play in the water for hours. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Anyone have any guesses as to age of my ducks? :)

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    They are really cute! What kind is the white and grey one?

3. aoxa

Muscovy :) I think you'd call it lavender pied, but am not 100% sure of the colouring.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    She looks to be a little younger than my 3 newest girls and they are 7 months old maybe 5-6 months old. She is so pretty

5. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Chooks are pretty well self entertaining, while ducks are just fun meisters! [​IMG]

6. aoxa

Thanks Miss Lydia!

So you think she will start laying in the spring possibly? :fl

7. aoxa

Oh the mess they create!! Plus my water is gone by noon! It's a 18 litre water! Geez!

My chickens seem to like to drink out of the ducks bathing water. They like the duck flavour :sick

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] You'd think they'd all be dead with the stuff they drink but it doesn't seem to bother them.

And yes she will start to lay this spring. Mine are mating so even though it's still early in the year I expect an egg pretty soon. This is the earliest i have ever seen mine mate, but the weather has been so mild I think they think it's spring. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by