My two from TS

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cinders55, Mar 19, 2013.

1. cinders55

cinders55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Citronelle, AL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took two grandchildren into TS to pick up chicken feed on Valentines Day and came out with feed and these two when they were about three days old. (Obviously these are more recent pics.) Don't know what we have, but we are really enjoying them. Didn't know about the niacin so will pick some up today. They only get out to the pond on warm sunny days at the moment. Can't wait till the warm weather is here to stay. They are a hoot!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Their adorable, congrats on your precious ducklings.

3. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    Cute! [​IMG] Hope you and your grandchildren enjoy them!

4. cinders55

Jun 15, 2010
    Citronelle, AL
    Thank you! [​IMG]We are in love.

5. cymbaline

cymbaline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2012
    central WV
    The one on the right is a Mallard; not sure about the other, maybe Ancona. Both are adorable though! :)

6. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Both are very cute, my first thought was Ancona for the yellow headed duck. But I could be wrong I am far from an expert when it comes to breeds. So cute.

7. cinders55

Jun 15, 2010
    Citronelle, AL
    Thank you cymbaline and Apyl. I thought the brown was a mallard. The yellow is starting to turn white where the yellow is and getting green on it's wing tips. They are so cute together. Last night when I went to bring them in they hopped up on my lap and lay down. Completely melted my heart!

8. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    The brown could also be a Rouen. They have 2 eye stripes, mallards have 1. Rouens are also about twice their size. The other could be a mismarked Ancona, Swedish, Runner or Magpie. Hard to say when young and size is hard to determine in a pic. It is cute though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by