1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My two pretty new girls! andd i need you to help with their names ;)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by raiderbabe239, Sep 15, 2009.

1. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    I just got these two gorgeous girls yesterday. one is a buff orpington about 2 months old and the other is a silkie cross im not sure what shes mixed with but shes pretty, i coulnt think of any unique names so i thought hey ill just ask the worlds most brilliant people to help me out lol

and i want unique not buffy or snowball lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That first and second pic: SassyPants

The last one Jimi Hendrix or Cue Ball.

3. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    The Silkie Cross looks kind of regal. I like Anastasia, Duchess, Arabella, Priscilla, Victoria, Gwendolyn...

Hmmm... for the buff how about Tapanga/Topanga, Perdita, Myrtle, Willow???

4. debilorrah

Quote:Nope SassyPants. I am telling ya!!! Did you see those bloomers????

ETA: I am just palying around, you can name them whatever strikes you as best. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  5. debilorrah

Quote:Would you happen to be a fan of period movies?? I sure am and those names are very Victorian....

6. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Quote:Would you happen to be a fan of period movies?? I sure am and those names are very Victorian....

Actually, no. I'm not much a fan of any movies, but I am a sucker for "old fashioned" names -- Victorian and otherwise. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

Actually, no. I'm not much a fan of any movies, but I am a sucker for "old fashioned" names -- Victorian and otherwise. [​IMG]

I love period movies and if you ever get a chance rent Enchanted April. Beautiful movie.

SassyPants

8. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    The buff looks like "Billina" from the Wizard of Oz books.

9. debilorrah

Quote:YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! I thought I was the only person alive that read all those books. [​IMG]

10. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    I like to look up baby names from the countries the birds breed comes from or their color in another language.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by