My two RIR's are STILL not laying.....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BethieofVA, Aug 23, 2010.

1. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    They both will be 24 weeks on Thursday. One has squatted for me literally for weeks, the other is the head hen and has only been submissive a few times. I think she is suffering from PMS and wish she would get to egg laying. They both are beautiful with big red combs and wattles. What gives? Are RIR late bloomers. They do not free range and are not egg eaters. I have one BSL that lays an egg daily. Come on girls!

I am going out of town this weekend and have a friend keeping my ladies, so you watch, they will start laying for her. [​IMG]

2. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Ahhhh, nobody can relate or share a story. Bummer.[​IMG]

3. trishamonks

trishamonks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    hi i felt i had to write my rir are 26 weeks they started to lay at 21 weeks but stopped after 3 days and havent laid yet i know this dont ans your question but i hate to see empty posts lol

4. caralynnp

caralynnp Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2010
    Louisville
    I am in the same boat as you. I have a new hampshire red that is big, red comb and waddles for weeks and I've got nothing to show for it either. she makes growling noises at me but that's about it. we are going out of town for the holiday next weekend and I'm pretty sure she will lay for my sitter.

5. trishamonks

trishamonks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    guaranteed thats wot they do best loll

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by