My two year old bantum just passed I have no idea why

Happy2

Hatching
Sep 5, 2016
I am a new pet mom to my little bantum hens. I rescued four....... I lost one right away and was soooo saaden.Then I had my happy get attacked by a hawk and I saved her......it took some time but she was a stronge hen. Then all three suffered from a prolasp and I brought them back from that them ms speedy had a egg that would not come out we helped her thru that .....then this year being very hot we tried everything freezen water,fruit,special vit. in water, watering the coop area this is all in one year and a half.........I dont think am ment for this. Now I only have two babies left. I have no clue what to do and I am sooooooo sad I dont care about eggs just their well being. I wish there was more people to talk to to help when this was going on for me.Most out there are people who are farmers, I am a pet owner. They were my babies:( She started one day just being unactive ,she started loosing her feathers so I thought she was moulting, plus its ben very hot so put a fan in the coop, she was not eating or drinking, so I went and got a suppliment for her water and made her drink,I made all her favorite foods she still would not eat but she did hen peck with her sisters but was very slow and her stool was very loose. Help.

I am very sorry for your loss
Welcome to BYC, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here

So you have 2 hens left? what age? what are the symptoms? pictures answer a lot of questions
pics of poop, birds, coop, etc

I am unsure what you are asking for right now

I had three bantams they are a littler over two. Its been very hot here in NH this summer. I first thought two were molting.....they all seemed good,then last week my lead hen was moupy and sat by herself,she had a loose stool without blood or worms,so I thought she may be overheated and dehydrated so I gave her a cool towel and iced water and eylectolites in the water, she seemed a bit better and was even dirt bathing,then two days later stopped eating and not moving much so we feed her water and tried to get to eat, then yesterday she was slow walking with her sisters and she flopped to one side made a cry and passed.Now I only have two.

I had three bantams they are a littler over two. Its been very hot here in NH this summer. I first thought two were molting.....they all seemed good,then last week my lead hen was moupy and sat by herself,she had a loose stool without blood or worms,so I thought she may be overheated and dehydrated so I gave her a cool towel and iced water and eylectolites in the water, she seemed a bit better and was even dirt bathing,then two days later stopped eating and not moving much so we feed her water and tried to get to eat, then yesterday she was slow walking with her sisters and she flopped to one side made a cry and passed.Now I only have two.
Can you upload pictures?
That would help A LOT

but you still have 2 alive?
are the living birds showing sickness?
you could send the deceased for a necropsy if you wanted a definite answer

My other two seem fine ,other then one is molting that why I thought that what was going on with my Happy, but she passed away.

No not at all I am watching them both,they were dirt bathing today and seemed fine,but I will continue to watch VERY closely .I only have the two.....they are my babies.

Back
Top Bottom