1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Uncles Impeyan Pheasants

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by mochicken, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    My uncle has this beautiful pair of Impeyans, I tried to snap a couple pictures for you all to see them. They are STUNNING in real person

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Yes,impeyans are beautiful,but,you need to get them away from those chickens before they catch a disease from them.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. gobblerunfarms

gobblerunfarms Out Of The Brooder

Quote:I knew this phrase would be in here somewhere. Ive been raising pheasants and all other kind of species for over thirty years and if your farm is clean and well taken care of then you will never have to worry about diseases. My pheasants, peafowl, turkeys, and chickens are all hatched in same incubator and same brooders. I do most of the stuff people say harm your birds and yet i have better success and better birds than most of the people i know.

4. gobblerunfarms

gobblerunfarms Out Of The Brooder

By the way them are some pretty impeyans you got there.

5. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    Beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing.

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Beautiful!! [​IMG]

7. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    And I will post it every time I see someone doing it.Pheasants are very susubtible to diseases that chickens carry.I don't care how clean your pens are it's just the way of life in the pheasant world.You to should be spreading the word not excepting chickens near pheasants.
    In N.H.,Tony.
    Quote:I knew this phrase would be in here somewhere. Ive been raising pheasants and all other kind of species for over thirty years and if your farm is clean and well taken care of then you will never have to worry about diseases. My pheasants, peafowl, turkeys, and chickens are all hatched in same incubator and same brooders. I do most of the stuff people say harm your birds and yet i have better success and better birds than most of the people i know.

8. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    dont fight children lol, they are not my pheasants, I asked him how long he has been keeping them and he said his chickens and pheasants are all right next to eachother and he is not changing it, I cant change his mind and I really dont know enough to change it anyway lol

Thanks for the compliments on them and I will be glad to share your compliments and concerns with him since he is not a member here.......................yet [​IMG]

9. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Beautiful! [​IMG]

10. golden reeves

golden reeves Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    SW Minnesota
    awsome birds makes me wish I had one more pen! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by