my V-day chicks, first chick hatched pix!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tala, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Set 3 eggs tonight in my new R-Com mini incubator (that I won on the BYC rooster crowing photo contest!!!!!!!)
    Two Black Copper Marans and one White Leghorn egg. They have a buff colored EE roo with them and a BCM roo with them. Should be some lovely mutts, hope for pullets!!!!!!!! Was gonna set 3 of the dark eggs, but I dropped one coming back from the coop this afternoon [​IMG]

So if Feb 15 is 3 weeks from now, I shall call these my V-day chicks [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. Silkie Sue

Silkie Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2007
    Sarnia, Ontario
    welcome to 3 weeks of roller coaster!!!! [​IMG] then [​IMG] then [​IMG] then [​IMG] then [​IMG] and hopefully [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i've got 20 silkies due on Feb 13 so i'm with ya!![​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Yup. This will be my....4th hatch. I do pretty good until we get to lockdown, then I have to keep myself really busy!!!! lol Kinda wish this thing held more than 3 at a time, but that's what DH likes about it [​IMG]

ETA: said 4, meant 3 [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  4. Silkie Sue

Silkie Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2007
    Sarnia, Ontario
    this is my first time at incubating i usually let the hen do it . but not in this weather,
    i borrowed the bator from my SIL
    Please don't tell my husband they make them for only 4 eggs [​IMG]
    Good luck with your hatch [​IMG]

5. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    YAY! I'll be joing you this week, just plugged in my new Rcom 3 Mini, and have serama eggs on the way. I can't wait, I haven't hatched anything since June 2010, and I got the itch Baaaaddd.... LOL

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I put 8 eggs under a broody this evening. I'll be hatching along with you... due the 15th or 16th I imagine. Wish I would have done it yesterday...

7. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I have the Quail egg insert and I'm hoping the Serama eggs will be small enough to fit in the quail egg turner, otherwise I'll put more than 3 in and turn those ones by hand.

8. tnfarmeggs

tnfarmeggs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Put 11 eggs in bator last night, this is our first batch in our first homemade bator so really [​IMG] right now

If all works out with this batch I will be looking for some Black Copper Maran eggs to do next [​IMG]

9. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

We're in lockdown!!!!

I only candled once, and with two dark brown eggs all I could tell was that there was definitely development. All three were fertile and grew at least past day 14, just not sure if they're all still with us, but hey, we'll find out!!

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I'm pulling for you and your eggs, Tala! (Vested interest and all.)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by