1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my venting...car hit epidemic

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Jezebelle, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    Ok i just bought a new car, monday!!(YAY) Today was my first day taking her out and driving to school/work. I have to pick up one of my friends on the way. I get off on their exit. At the stop sign, i get rear ended!!

Now i am over bearing protective of my cars, I get out of the car no major damage(a saturn can take a hit!), i leave madder then a wet hen, obviously my head was knocked off my shoulders with the initial hit (i just flipped a car 3 times a month ago so i still aint all there!). Didnt get insurance info or license plate number!

I get to class and my teacher tells me that the damage would be about $1700!! not only did it chip the paint but it knocked the rear quarter pannel in, out of line with my trunk. AND messed up my back door alignment!! Its an easy fix for me, but DANG why cant people learn how to drive??!!

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    That SUCKS!!!

3. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but with alot of these new cars the molded bumpers have foam inside to absorb some of the shock of impact. sometimes after an accident the bumper looks ok but if the foam inside is damaged it wont work properly if impacted again.
    But the good news is your OK, cars are replaceable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by