My very first Buttons hatched !!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mhwc56, Dec 19, 2010.

1. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

uhhhhh ..no i do not have pictures... yet....[​IMG]
    i was beginning to think they weren't gooing to hatch at all ,then i work up this morning to squeeky peeping...at first i thought it was the sparrows that winter out on the window sill but then i realized it was IN the room.....YAH!
    so according to Garrie Landry's chick id chart the 1st one looks like a Normal double factor Blue face and the 2nd looks to be a Normal Red Breasted......[​IMG]
    i thought i had an idea of how SMALL the chicks were going to be but boy was i WRONG! they're NOT as big as a bumble bee...at least not the ones we have around here.
    Now i wait...there are a LOT of eggs still in the bator ....[​IMG] martha

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. mhwc56

so in my new mama enthusiasm.. i'm pretty sure i'm WRONG on the colors ...but i will get pictures up when all this is done and you experienced folks can enlighten me .....martha

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Those buttons change colors so chick colors are not always definite [​IMG] The Red breasted will be yellow with a dark rump and the blue face will be a dark brown for chicks. Double factors are darker and usually you can't even tell until the birds are adults.

4. mhwc56

1 baby is yellow with dark stripes on it's back/butt 1 is real dark(black?) with spots of reddish here and there. the last 2 hatched so far are blackish /charcoal with definite
    blue-ish coloring on their heads and tiny specks of white on 1's face by it's beak.....
    There are only 4 hatched at this time ...i'm waiting patiently for more...i hope!

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    charcoal/bluish with around beak is double factor blue face [​IMG]

You have a little red breast too but the splotches of red...may be cinnamon

6. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    OH - Ah Cinnamon

7. mhwc56

Quote:YAAAAAAAAAH! my favorites! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Buttercup Chillin

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Which is your favorite, the blue face or the cinnamon, or both.

I am a cinnamon nut case for certain. All you have to do is look at my chickens and later, well I bet I end up with just M. Golds and Redgold Coturnix. I am contemplating a button pair as you know. Oh, decisions, decisions. I don't handle settling for less #'s than what I really want very well.

9. mhwc56

Blue face /B.F. combos and cinnamon/cinnamon combos and any silver combos too........there's probably others but those are it for now [​IMG]

10. Buttercup Chillin

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Ah, I feel for you, you have Button fever far worse than I do. And you are doing something about it. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by