My very first Chicken Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Avalon1984, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Hey Everybody,

Thanks to all of you who gave me the confidence to do this on my own, I have managed to put together my very first chicken run. Do not look at the chicken house yet though. It needs a new roof and many other things, but one must start somewhere. This run took 3 half days in the making and I am very proud of it. Material cost was around $120 without the rocks that I am spreading around the wire to help prevent some of the digging.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicken Coach

Chicken Coach Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2009
    Great job! The smartest thing you did was making a wide door.I have some short narrow doors on some of my pens --what was i thinking--

3. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:You are so right. [​IMG] The first coop my husband built (with my very unskilled help) has a fairly narrow 3ft door and it is a pain to get the wheel barrow in. It also doesn't have roof support, the wire is just kind of hanging there and you always need to duck. I will redo that one next and make it better but I think I will stick with the 8ft sections to keep things nice and square. Not having to cut 2x4's to size saved a bunch of time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by