My very FIRST egg this morning!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by magsrags, Dec 23, 2008.

1. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am crazy happy this morning! [​IMG] After days of lugging warm water, serving up hot meals and generally fretting about this bitter cold weather ..[​IMG]....I went out yet again to do my rounds this morning.
    Uncovering my second coop I watered/fed & let the girls out when LO & BEHOLD..................there lay the golden egg!!!! I thought I was dreaming!
    Smack dab in the middle of the floor in the shavings...this cream colored little egg lay. Perfect in every way. What a Christmas present! I'd have paid to have a picture of my face when I first saw that egg. I near had to pinch myself.

My oldest Silkies were born on 8/11/08....just turned 17 weeks or so I guess. They are housed with my 1 and only white crested black Polish who is 6 1/2 months.
    Wow, the darned coldest day of the year to dat!!! I thought I'd have to wait for spring for eggs. [​IMG]

Now to determine WHO gifted me! I think my black Silkie "Cocoa" is the likely one. She has been hunkering down a lot the past 10 days or so when approached. who ever it is they made me very happy today!
    This is such an addiction! [​IMG]

2. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!![​IMG] I remember well what an awsome surprise that is! I always thank my girls for their gifts!![​IMG]

3. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats.

4. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG]

5. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    I got another one![​IMG]
    Went out with fresh warm water late morning and there was my second egg sitting in the same place as the first. Wow, 2 hens beginning on the same day? [​IMG]

We are cooking with gas now!!

6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, that's great- two!
    Better get used to it; if you can get this right in winter think what happens when it gets lighter and warmer...nicely done.

7. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    congrats on the eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by