My very first peachick *pic*

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by SunBaked, Jun 11, 2011.

1. SunBaked

SunBaked Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Southwest
    So my first little peachick finally hatched!!! He is doing good, alert and loud. Little bit of a crooked foot, hoping it straightens out. I had to go get him his own little day old chicken to keep him company. Didn't want the poor little thing to be lonely. No name yet, letting DH name this one. (I'm calling it a him hoping it is [​IMG])

[​IMG]

Him and his very own chicken while waiting for me to warm their towel in the dryer.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Nice you will be hooked now for sure [​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    SO cute!! [​IMG]

4. xlboergoats

xlboergoats Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    Arp, Texas
    Congratulations on your new addition. I had three eggs setting under a chicken hen that were due to hatch on Tuesday night. When I went to collect eggs this afternoon, I was greeted by a tiny little head peaking out from under the hen. It took me a little off guard. I was planning on her hatching in three or four days. I guess the peachicks did not have a calendar under the hen. I went out and checked on her this evening and one of the other ones has started pipping. I hope that my little peachick will have a brother or sister in the morning.

I have no experience raising peachicks. I have hatched and raised hundreds of chicks, but never peachicks. I have read and researched, but doing it is something else. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Ernie Haire
    Arp, Texas

5. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Oh he is adorable!!! Congrats [​IMG]

6. SunBaked

SunBaked Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Southwest
    Thank you guys [​IMG]. He is doing good and his feet are looking normal. He's asleep right here with his chicken, all wrapped up and warm.

Quote:Congrats Ernie on your early arrival [​IMG]! Hope the others hatch out okay too. I am new to peas also, everyone here has been great answering questions and giving advice. I'm learning alot from this forum. Can't wait to see pictures of your new babies.

7. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    very nice peachicks are so cute an loud

8. xlboergoats

xlboergoats Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    Arp, Texas
    I just came in from the chicken pen. The third of my three peafowl eggs just hatched. The little chicken hen, a Black Copper Marans, had a confused look on her face. She looked as confused as I did yesterday when they started hatching four days early. Three peachicks out of three eggs, who could ask for more? I really had my doubts about them hatching at all. Now, I have to get them started and get a pen built for Peafowl. I guess I should have been working on that the last 25 days. Oh well, nothing like getting the cart before the horse around here.

Ernie Haire
    Arp, Texas

9. micayc

micayc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Centrel PA
    Quote:You are hooked! Addiction is inevitabn [​IMG]e................

10. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]
    congratulations, it is beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by