1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my very first pretty baby ever

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by slaphappykitten, Jun 11, 2007.

1. slaphappykitten

slaphappykitten Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2007
    florida
    i got home late last night and saw this in the bator
    [​IMG]
    of course i didnt know when to expect them to hatch because i took them out from a sitting hen that decided not to sit any more but now i have this
    [​IMG]
    now i know you have to wait untill they are dry but when do you move them into a nursery?
    he/she sure is noisey, i asume thats a good sign.
    the daddy is a leghorn, and i hope the momma is a silver penciled wyandotte but im not sure. he/she is all yellow but has tiney black spots in 3 or 4 places what do you think?

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats and it's so cute!

3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    What a cutie!! Got any more pipping going on yet? [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

So cute! hehe. I saw the pic and the first thing I thought was that looks like a fat leghorn! Then I read who the father was! Good luck with the hatch!

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ohhh, what a cutie!! I just love babies!! I WANT MORE!! No, waite, I cant..... 6 or 7 hens, ahs now turned into over 60 so far..in just about a year. Poor poor DH!

6. slaphappykitten

slaphappykitten Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2007
    florida
    i have another baby this morning! she is still wet but after she dries i will get another pic up. this one looks all red! yeah!

7. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    So cute! Congratulations!!

8. ann

ann Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    ava,missouri
    So cute.I have pipping to_One chick not toally dry yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by