My very first Serama

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SarahIrl, Aug 8, 2010.

1. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Picked from 3 on sale, on lovely white rooster who was a perfect shape except his comb was all wrong, and one neither I nor the seller could decide was a roo or pullet... here she is, named Chin by my daughter

[​IMG]

She's probably a class C judging by the others there, and '09 hatch. She's very friendly, bright and louse free, laying and although a little shaken by her afternoon in the car, eating like her life depends on it.

I'm happy!

2. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    very sweet

3. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Just need to find her a man now, and a few more. Am hoping to end up with all unrelated four hens and two roosters.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I have 8 serama eggs in the bator from Dipsey Doodle

5. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Next to Sebrigts & Japanese BTW bantams, Serama's are my next favorite. Don't have any yet.......................................................

Yours is beautiful!

6. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
  7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just love the little buggers! I promised myself no more roos but guess what [​IMG] my only serama chick turned out to be a rooster and I can't get rid of him!

8. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Unless anyone is holiday's are booked for Ireland... I'm sorry I can't get one of yours! I'm hoping to take the stock from a guy in the UK who is 'clearing out', I can get them shipped here, it'll be expensive, but well worth it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by