My very first stupid human trick of 2010

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jan 2, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    One of my favorite Christmas gifts from DH this year was an electric griddle. I adore this thing. It's huge, big enough to cook a pound of bacon all at once and still have room to fry some eggs. It has a tilt feature so that the grease from the foods cooking drains away to the grease tray underneath.
    I used the griddle tonight to make DH some bacon and eggs. Got him fed and in bed and started my kitchen clean up. Had all the dishes done and only the griddle left to clean.
    I forgot all about that grease tray underneath. Grabbed the griddle up and slung bacon grease all over the clean dishes in the dishdrain, the cabinet fronts and the floor.
    Jax helped with the floor clean up and I didn't have to ask him. Isn't he a good dog??
    So, that's just the first one of the year folks. Gonna be hard for me to top this, even as talented as I am.
    Stay tuned. [​IMG]

2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That sounds like a stupid human trick that I would pull!! Glad to know I'm not alone out there! [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

.Ok you beat me to it. I just fell in the tub trying to clean it.

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice one Debi! Hope you are OK! [​IMG]

5. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Can I share mine??? Happened about 3 hours ago.

I've been using a very sharp knife to help get the callouses off of my feet. I haven't had an issue at all. All of a sudden, I hear the fire alarm go off...

SLICE. Oh yeah. There's no callous there anymore. It's still bleeding and I am ticked...

7. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:OUCH! Next time try a disposable razor. You can only take a little at a time off but you can't slice too deep.

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    [​IMG] I tried that one too. Apparently my callouses are "smooth" so the razor doesn't seem to get what I need to get at. But, thanks for the idea!

grit, Jax is such a good boy! Helping you out! Too bad he's not allowed on those counters! [​IMG]

9. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. WhiteWingedDove

WhiteWingedDove Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2009
    Montana
    You cut the callouses off your feet?!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010