My 'want' list for this spring

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyd2008, Dec 20, 2008.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Anyone have any of these types available around March?

Bantam cochins: self blue or BBS, frizzle or non
    Bantam polish: any color, frizzle or non
    Silkies: prefer non-bearded white, or bearded or non- BBS
    Golden Lakenvelder
    bantam ameracauna: true only please!

Anyone planning on having these eggs this spring? [​IMG]

2. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    I should have plenty of non-bearded white Silkies come spring. Expecting them to start laying any time now. But none of the others unfortunately [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    bloomnbeauty~~ I'll keep you in mind on the silkies!! Do yours have good feathering on their legs? Mine don't, and I have one with a straight looking comb. [​IMG] Would really like to get some to improve on!!

Anyone else?? I know there are a lot of breeders on here!!

4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Ok, I am not sure what you mean by bearded? Help me out on this one Shelley..[​IMG]

Bamachicken has silkie's and they are gorgous. Great quailty also.

5. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The silkies that have all the fluff under their chins are bearded, the ones with wattles are non bearded. I have seen Bamachickens, they are really nice!

6. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I thought that is what you meant. I have silkie's that are just starting to lay, but they are bearded.

7. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    Shelley my Silkies are hatchery chicks but even so some of them are looking very good. Have a few with great crests and good feathering on their feet. Will try to get some pics to put up here.
    [​IMG]

Edited to add pic.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I'm not totally opposed to the beardeds, but the ones I have now (whites) are all nonbearded, so I just thought I'd try and stick with those. These are actually my 4-year-old son's, so I doubt he would really care either way!! But if mama is the one buying them, mama gets to pick the details! He can pick the breeds, but that's it. The only ones on the list that are for 'me' are the Lakenvelders, and it doesn't seem like anyone on here has those!!

9. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That would be great! I really don't care where they came from, as I don't plan on showing them. I don't even know where they have shows in my area, other than Lexington, and that's at least 3 hours from here! I just want something pretty to look at, that fits the breed type. Not planning on getting rich off them, but would like to do something other than hatch all the eggs myself! [​IMG]

10. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    Chicks are now a couple months older than this pic. They outgrew their lil Silkie castle that the Dbf built for them....lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by