My water system.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Royd, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    I got the jugs, at a flea market, for about $10. The pvc, being 3" cost about $45.

[​IMG]

This part is screwed into the main header and the drinking cone is just dry fitted, so that it can be slipped off, if I need to move the system.

[​IMG]

My chickens have access to open water, during the day, so, this lasts a very long time.

2. cabincrazyone

cabincrazyone Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    NE Minnesota
    Looks good, Royd ... nice setup.
    I got two of those jugs several years ago from the vendor who kept up the drinking stands at work. I use them for drinking water at the cabin. Today it's easy to get 'em. Menards has fresh water in the 3 gal and 5 gal (I think it's 6 bucks for the 5 gal) .... and probably a lot of places like Home Depot or Lowes.

3. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Looks like P.I.T.A. to clean? [​IMG]

4. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:What's to clean? If the cone gets a build up, I just turn it sideways, and wash it out. The jugs get rinsed, when I refill, if they need it....Personally, I think the whole clean water thing is just so much a part of our feminized culture, coming to the fore.....My chickens drink water out of the moss filled road drainage, all the time.

5. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Quote:What's to clean? If the cone gets a build up, I just turn it sideways, and wash it out. The jugs get rinsed, when I refill, if they need it....Personally, I think the whole clean water thing is just so much a part of our feminized culture, coming to the fore.....My chickens drink water out of the moss filled road drainage, all the time.

So you agree. It is a PITA to clean. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by