1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Web-Footed Friends Gallery UPDATED 02.22.09

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stormie, Feb 12, 2009.

1. stormie

stormie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2008
    MO
    Here is all of the photos I have taken of the duck I have a raised and the wild ones.

1.) Pictures of my boy Goober
    Hatched last spring and unfortunately I spent so much time with him when he was baby I never took pictures, but I have tons of him when he was first released and recent ones. I love him so much!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2.) Pictures of The Motley Crew

The Motley Crew is a term I use when I talk about the ducks my friend and I raised. Goober is part of this group. The others my friend purchased from the a feed store. They are Tao (male) and the other two are females: Susie (Tao's mate) and Sadie May (Goober's mate). If you notice, Tao and Sadie have weird wings that look as if they broke but they didn't. It is a weird mystery as they just grew out that way, so my friend and I think it's the breeder she bought them from. Anyway on to pictures!

This is Susie.
    [​IMG]

This is Tao.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Sadie May and I.
    [​IMG]

3.) Pictures of Tennessee the semi-wild Blue-Swedish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4.) Pictures of the wild ducks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5.) Other Pictures

This is pictures of Pogo a female mallard and the first egg I ever hatched. Not sure what has become of her..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Hope who has recently disappeared and I think she may have passed since she was about 5.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6.) My Cats

Whiskers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lola (she is my friend's grandparent's kitty, but I feel like she's my own)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that's it for now. I will continue to update whenever I get a shot worth posting. I would love to hear comments! -Audrey

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. LivingLocal

LivingLocal Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2009
    Beautiful photos!

3. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful pictures of some beautiful ducks, Stormy! [​IMG]

And [​IMG]

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    The wing thing you described sounds like angel wing. It is a genetic condition or possibly brought on by diet.

Your photos are great and I laughed that you named your duck GOOBER. That is what I call my flock..the Goobers! [​IMG]

5. rlhbond

rlhbond Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Mocksville, NC
    Nice pics. Do your ducks mix with the wild ducks? Do you clip their wings?

6. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    Beautiful! Did you hatch Tennesee- the semi wild Blue Swedish? I have some like him and I may have sold you some eggs last year. Just hoping you did, so he's be my ducks' long lost sibling...son...whatever.
    Lisa in NJ

7. farmertank

farmertank Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    You are really good with the camera! [​IMG] what beautiful pics. I love the ones with the water splashing through their wings.

I wish I could take pics like that.

You have some really nice looking ducks. I'm sorry about Hope [​IMG] she was really pretty.

Julie

8. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Beautiful ducks! And you have an awesome camera too!

9. stormie

stormie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2008
    MO
    Nice pics. Do your ducks mix with the wild ducks? Do you clip their wings?

I let them go and do as they please but for the most part they stick within their group. They are heavy breeds so they don't necessarily fly, only when needed.

Beautiful! Did you hatch Tennessee- the semi wild Blue Swedish? I have some like him and I may have sold you some eggs last year. Just hoping you did, so he's be my ducks' long lost sibling...son...whatever.

No I afraid not all the eggs went bad, but it was all good, my friend and I both agreed that if those eggs hatched, well we would be overwhelmed. We had enough ducks for one year (6 in total). Tennessee just showed up one day seven years ago so he's pretty old but still kicking (he's top duck with the Alcove Crew which is the mix of my ducks and wild ones that hang out where my condo is located).

I'm sorry about Hope hugs she was really pretty.

She's was my first duck, if that's what I could even call it. Back in sixth grade (I'm 16 now) my friend Leah (the one who partially cares for them while growing up) got four pekins one year and I got to name one and I named her Hope (good thing she turned out to be a girl! lol) and the other three died from predators, so poor Hope got lonely and recommended we bring to the lake and she loved it, was top female for several years lol.

Your photos are great and I laughed that you named your duck GOOBER. That is what I call my flock..the Goobers!

Yeah he's an awesome duck. Now I shall tell you the origins of Goober. See I found him as a lonely egg along the shore (he is Hope's son) and I incubated thinking it wasn't fertile and golly gee what a surprise! So when the time came he would hatch I was at school and my mother came and picked my up early and I was like "Why am I being picked up 20 minutes early?" and when I got in the car she was panicking and saying she helped him and there was blood and she was freaking out, I told her calm down (she is very erratic sometimes..) and when I got home I prayed that it wouldn't be a goose (my friend and I both feared because the egg was so large) and I remember open the incubator to check him out, and told my mom she did a fine job and never to help out again unless I told her to and he was very happy to see me (I like to talk to them in there last week it seems to help them get attached more) and I looked goofy because he kept lifting his head up and touched the hot ring around the top of the bator and I thought of SpongeBob and the movie and the "Goofy Goober Song" and that's what I named him. He was so cute! My four cats were deathly afriaid of him (I always make the ducks peck at their noses so they get scared of em') and when he was released he fought with the geese. My tough little Uber Goober The Pooper! Whoa sorry about the letter there!

Thank you all for the comments and warm welcomes!​

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  10. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    Those are great pics of your ducks. Wish I had a pond instead of a kiddies pool. But I'm happy to have my ducks. Thank you for sharing your pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by