My weekly, are these EE boys or girls! Lots of pix again!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by babyrnlc, Feb 22, 2011.

1. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    I am so sorry I keeping bugging everyone. I am clearly not patient. I am just ready to send the extra birdies (boys) out to the guy that is taking them. Soooooo, they are 4 weeks old now (and 3 weeks), so I thought I would try again. I would love to know if you can tell if these EE chicks are pullets? Also what color will they be? Blues?

Here are the 4 week olds:

Chick #1 (peaches) I think this is a cockeral, that is what was guessed before and I really think he is staying that way lol) The comb is much bigger, but it also seems to be a single? vs the pea combs the others seem to have. I am trying to learn all this. I feel like I am in college again!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 (Izzy) This was guessed pullet before. It is as big as #1, and the comb seems to be getting pinker, but sure has long tail feathers. I hope it is a pullet. She/he is a sweetie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3 (Amber) was guessed cockeral before, but if Izzy is a pullet, this one must be too. It has the same comb and long tail as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok, here are the 3 week olds. (WE think, they seem to be younger, they were all supposed to be the same age, but he had 1 day olds in with the 1 weeks olds, but they weren't for sale, cause the were "Araucana" lol. I think we got two of the younger ones.

#4 (Pony) my favorite and the one I hoped to be a pullet, but was guessed male. (That is my 5 yr old petting him/her)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 (Prissy), she was guessed pullet. She definitely has a longer tail than pony. She is so black too!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you again. I will try and hold off at least a week or two before I post them again [​IMG]

2. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Not so good with EEs, but here's my guesses:

Cockerel
    Cockerel
    Pullet, very iffy on this one. xD
    Pullet
    Pullet

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  3. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Quote:[​IMG] Good guesses [​IMG]

#2 is a boy (sorry) with pink in the comb and showing wattles already. You really can't go by how long the tail is, basically just the wattles and how much color is in the comb. I'm saying that #3 is a pullet because it doesn't look like there is any pink in the comb and no wattles showing. They are still very young though, so you might just want to hang onto all of them for now, but I'm comfortable saying #1 & 2 are boys.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  4. chickenaddictntn

chickenaddictntn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    3 and 5 look like the only pullets to me and 4 looks like a roo going to be a very pretty boy. [​IMG]

5. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I think 1, 2, & 3 are boys and 4 & 5 are girls but they are still very young and that could change.

6. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Wow thank you!

Do you think 1 and 2 are for sure for sure roos, cause he has brooders and will take them now. We only need one of these?

7. EELover

EELover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Just remember, EE don't always have wattles. I have a rooster that has no wattles. He is 23 weeks and you can see the start of spurs but no wattles.

8. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA
    I think 1, 2 and 3 are cockerels and 4 and 5 are pullets. My EE pullets hardly show any comb at all, but of course every EE is a bit different. Some almost look like they are showing some pattern on their feathers, barred maybe? I think #1 is a splash. Very cute whatever they are [​IMG]

9. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    I think...

1: Cockerel
    2: Cockerel
    3: Pullet
    4: Pullet
    5: Pullet

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, they are "boys or girls", actually they are cockerels or pullets.[​IMG] If I were to guess at this point, you wouldn't be happy if you wanted pullets.[​IMG] Right now I'm leaning 3 probably 4 to 1. Sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by