My...Weird/sad show day

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkielover5, Oct 1, 2011.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    kay so today was my first big poultry show and this is how my day went. woke up and went to catch my guinea hen from the coop. and found my light brahma almost dead [​IMG] [​IMG]
    then at the show i won reserve grand guinea fowl, best of breed for my Egyption Fayoumi rooster, and top blue for blue rosecomb hen.
    then while talking to a lady about her trio of white bantam cochins for sale, her rooster in the next cage flipped over and started freaking out trying to breath. the owner grabbed her bird out of the cage then another lady ran over took the bird and started giving it mouth to mouth and compreshions. slowly the bird started coming through. later found out the lady was a vet and has had to do this a couple times and that the bird was having a heart attack. i later bought the trio of white bantam cochins and the reserve-grand champion black rosecomb rooster for a grand total of $35

2. Moonkit

Moonkit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Richardson, Texas
    Wow.. what a hectic day for you.. Congrats on the wins, nonetheless.. and I hope that other lady's rooster pulls through.

3. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    he did he was just pretty tired afterword. she was trying to sell him before the heart attack happened but ended up taking him home

4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Wow...sounds like my day...only I didnt enter a poultry show & didn't win any ribbons...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by