My Welshies are 7ish weeks old (Pics)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DanielleInUro, Oct 11, 2017.

1. DanielleInUro

DanielleInUro Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2017
    Dallas, Tx
    They are HUGE. And gorgeous. And so sweet. I am so proud of them. Matthew has already grown into the sweetest duck I've ever known, and Bertie is so gorgeous I can't even. And little Janis is practically my Jenny reincarnated, and makes us laugh quite a lot. Here they are chewing on my boots last night, because that's just something they do.

matthewbootchew.jpg

More of that, except Matthew REALLY commits to boot-chewing time.
    matthewupsidedown.jpg

And them just standing there, posting for the camera, with Matthew in the front and Bertie and Janis singing backup.

standingaround.jpg

2. Bridger Davis

Bridger Davis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2017
    Greeley Colorado
    They're beautiful! Have fun with them!

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Very nice.....Congrats...

4. onaharley

onaharley Chillin' With My Peeps

That's it!!! Welshies HAVE to be the next type of ducks i get, yours are so beautiful!!! :love

5. DanielleInUro

DanielleInUro Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2017
    Dallas, Tx
    Thank you guys. I'm kind of in love with them. I had my heart set on gold mutation welshies, but now that the blue in their wingfeathers is coming through, I'm really very glad I ended up with silvers.

Onaharley, these were hatched from eggs I ordered from Metzer's. The sexable-by-bill-color thing did work out to be true with them, in case that's a consideration for you--the ones with pink bills were my girls, and the ones with brown bills at hatch were the boys. I got six ducks from thirteen eggs, not bad for eggs shipped in the dead of summer.

onaharley likes this.
  6. onaharley

Oh my! That's wonderful to hear!!! I don't think I'm quite capable to do hatchery yet:eek: I should probably get a couple of years worth of duck experience 1st, lol. Can I ordered them already sexed?

Niche Flock likes this.
  7. Niche Flock

Niche Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2017
    Hey there, yes you can order ducklings sexed...you are talking about day old ducklings right? I did this in the spring and Metzer Farm made the entire experience very enjoyable and easy. Good company with a solid reputation.

8. onaharley

Yes that's what I think I'm going to do this spring!!! I've heard a lot of good things about metzer farm!

Niche Flock likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by