1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My welsummer eggs pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by okiehen, Jan 9, 2009.

1. okiehen

okiehen Songster

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    What do you think about my welsummer eggs, my girls have been laying for about 3 weeks now just 3 of my 6 girls are laying.
    I've got 30 eggs from the 3 girls, and the size for pullet eggs I'm happy with there going to be big eggs.
    I can't wail till the other 3 start laying. I'm pleased with the color.
    One has a lighter shade but has lots of speckles.
    Pictured are my welsummer eggs with one normal brown egg and 2 white eggs the one picture is with the flash one with out.
    The 2 white eggs are large white leghorn eggs with the one brown egg in the middle is from a black star.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Songster

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    :DThey look pretty good to me!! Go girls!!

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    They are very pretty, but look just a tad bit light to me - here is one of mine:

[​IMG]

I wish mine had speckles like yours! Mine are solid colored.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    They are a little lighter in colors than mine...the ones on the right end of the carton would be more acceptable.

Have fun with them!

5. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Is there any truth to the fact that the eggs will get lighter at the end of a breeding cycle? meaning in the fall or winter they will be lighter and in spring they will be really dark? Sorry just a silly question from a newbie!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Yes they do!

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Quote:The only silly question is the one not asked. We are all still learning.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: