My White Call Ducks - New Photos!!!

Scott

Ozark Bantams
12 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I took some photos of my call ducks this afternoon, so I thought I'd share them here. These particular birds are young, about 4 months old. They seem to be filling out nicely, however. Let me know what you think...

1441_p1040518.jpg

1441_p1040523.jpg

1441_p1040516.jpg

1441_p1040509.jpg

1441_dscn0912.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! And yes, you do see a white mandarin duck in the background. There is a pair of them in there with the call ducks. Its a temporary thing; the mandarins will eventually be sent off to their new owners in Colorado this fall.

Quote:
I want to say its 30 gallons. Maybe 28? Its intended as a mortar mixing tub... got it at Home Depot. Its the larger of the two they offer and works great for small duck pond.

I think they look great! Have you shown them at all? I have a male white call that we showed for the first time this summer and the judge said he probably would have taken the show but when she went around for 2nd look, he had his wings crossed. I noticed some of yours posture the same way. Is this commen for them or is it a defect? Mine doesn't do it all the time, but now and then and apparently when he is caged is more prone to it.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. No, these particular ones haven't been show, but they are from really good lines/stock. I actually noticed the wing thing when I was taking photos of them. Generally, their wings are relaxed. If they stretch their wings, they return to a semi-relaxed position. And then, as they settle down a bit, the wings return to their normal position.

Like the third photo down, that actually isnt its normal wing position. The duck is holding them higher than normal. He had just streched them out before the photo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom