My white guineas are here!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by featherz, Jul 16, 2010.

1. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    And OMG are they loud. I'm hoping it's just shipping stress but my hatched keets are much better behaved. [​IMG] These are keets I ordered before I tried my hand at hatching - too late to cancel the order so now I am overrun with keets! I'm putting an ad up this weekend. LOL. Aren't they cute? [​IMG] I'm definitely keeping some of them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  2. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Congrats , I am waiting for my 4 to come in this morning sitting by the phone just waiting ,and waiting, this will be my first time with guineas I am getting 1 white 1 pearl,1lavender,1 royal purple, cant wait!!!!!!!

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Only 4!? I feel like such a glutton. I have 37 now! (cackle sent an extra). I'd love to have a royal purple. Maybe next year. [​IMG] My post office called me at 6:20AM. Thankfully I am an early riser.

4. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Yeah , I'm just starting so I started with chickens,10 +4 cute ones + gotta have 2 of these + OMG 3 of those ETC!!! you know how it goes and now I have to add a + 4 for something different[guineas] ,see how that works!!! thanks and have a great morning!

5. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I started with eight 'production' chickens (RIR/Leghorn) because you know, I want eggs. Then I decided I needed 'cute and friendlier' chickens so now I have 6 more colorful breeds to go with them AND two coops. My husband insists we need guineas to patrol our 25+ tick infested acres so I ordered 15 a long time ago and decided to try hatching a few for giggles and to test out my incubator. Thanks to a wonderful BYC member who sent great eggs I hatched out 21, which was about 15 more than I expected. Now I am overrun in birds! [​IMG] It's chicken math, I tell ya!

6. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Oh I see you got yours from Cackle thats where i am getting mine from , along with + 4 silkies ,I forgot to add to last post, so no your not a glutten lol Have you gotten birds from cackle before ,? if so are they nice looking birds or just ok , I heard great reviews for Cackle so I will try them

7. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    They are very cute looking keets and arrived in good health in 1.5 days. I can't comment further but I have heard good things about Cackle. [​IMG] It's odd tho, they would not let me order chickens and keets in the same order when I emailed them and I had to get 15! I guess they changed their policy since then.

8. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Gotta love chicken math!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    it wasnt cheap ,but tmaybe that means extra packing peanuts????? 2+1+??????

10. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Quote:LOL too funny I just looked at cackle website and they are sold out of the whites you mujst have bought them out , I hope I get my 1 white one, if not you will have to send me one:ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by