My wife laughed at me

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by woodmort, Sep 5, 2010.

1. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    I was wandering around in the chicken yard this afternoon checking to see if any of the pullets had laid eggs--they like to hide them down there. First thing I know my wife is on the deck, laughing and saying "Check out behind you." I turned to see 45 chickens lined up following me where ever I went. Apparently I am the source of all things that taste good.[​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I'm the chicken pied piper around these parts, but I only have a few...not enough for a parade like you [​IMG]

3. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Mine do the same thing when I let them out after work. It's like being the Pied Piper!

4. JOSEYWALES

JOSEYWALES Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    I know the feeling. Some times it even creaps me out. It is like jurrasic park with the velociraptors chasing me around.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's great to be loved.

6. elaucht

elaucht Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    [​IMG] Ahhh. The love of a chicken, in my case 50. At least they care when we come home.[​IMG]

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I guess I havent had mine long enough for them to do that; either that or they don't like me--they all scatter when I come in the kennel!
    Ya'll need to get pics of your fan clubs following you around.

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I am jealous! My chickens don't follow me UNLESS I have the cricket box!! LOL

9. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Mine come running when they see my walking down the deck stairs. I'm usually tripping over them trying to walk to the treat area in their run.

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] A friend works cleaning out chicken houses. The other day, I had to go pick up some wheat seed from the chicken farm. They just got a batch of new chicks in, & one had escaped. It came running towards me, & at that moment, my friend drove by. That little chick took off after his truck, like it was his giant mommy. It was so funny. After it ran about 50 yards, it stopped, probably tuckered out. I went & retrieved it & put it back in the chicken house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by