My wonderful UPS man passed away!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, May 8, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    You've seen me brag about my wonderful UPS man who brings the chickens and ducks and treats, well I found out this afternoon as I was leaving school that he died April 21. I knew I hadn't seen him, but didn't know why. His replacement came to the school today and brought a copy of his obituary for "The teacher with the chickens". His wife sent it to me. She said he always came home telling her funny stories about the ducks and chickens and the fries he would bring them. He brought any eggs to me at school, he was just a wonderful person. I will be going to his memorial on the 17th.

He also showed what a wonderful person he is by having donations sent to an animal sanctuary rather than flowers and stuff. Please keep his wife and family in your prayers, he was only 52.

Rest in Peace Jeff Deyoe, formely of Wisconsin, late of NM. World's Greatest UPS man!

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I am so sorry! He was still very young! My heart goes out to his wife and all those that knew him.

3. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

[​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you, I'm planning what I'll say at his memorial. I have some great memories; like when I was waiting for my very first bator off Ebay, every day at school I'd ask him if he had anything for me or had left anything at my house. The day it came in he brought it straight to my classroom even though the address was my home.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

What a wonderful ups man. That brought tears to my eyes. [​IMG]

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's strange isn't it, how complete stranges become part of our "families" I remember our UPS man as a kid would come right on in the house like he lived there, nearly did he was there so often, lol. My mom ran a "club" for the Spiegle catalog.

Angels come in and out of our lives on a daily basis. It's not usually until they are gone that we realize who they are.

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I am sorry for your loss.

Did you ever tell UPS what a wonderful employee they had??

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

I am sorry for your loss.

Did you ever tell UPS what a wonderful employee they had??

Always, AND I will one more time.​

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I'm sure you'll give a fitting tribute that will make his family proud and give them a reason to smile as they celebrate his life. [​IMG]

eta: change the "as they celebrate his life" to as YOU and his family, friends, and loved ones celebrate his life. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by