my Wyandotte

serprise

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 21, 2013
I purchased a Blue Laced Wyandotte chick in the spring and this is what she turned into. She's by far my shortest chicken, looks anorexic, and lays white eggs. Her comb and wattles aren't proportionate at all, hers are larger than any of my other chickens despite her being the smallest chicken. I'm sure she's a Wyandotte, I know the lack of a pea comb doesn't mean anything, especially since she's from a hatchery. She has different colors than the ones I'm finding online and she lays white eggs, that's why I'm curious.

Side note - Wyandottes do not have pea combs, they are meant to have a rose comb.
I purchased a Blue Laced Wyandotte chick in the spring and this is what she turned into. She's by far my shortest chicken, looks anorexic, and lays white eggs. Her comb and wattles aren't proportionate at all, hers are larger than any of my other chickens despite her being the smallest chicken. I'm sure she's a Wyandotte, I know the lack of a pea comb doesn't mean anything, especially since she's from a hatchery. She has different colors than the ones I'm finding online and she lays white eggs, that's why I'm curious.

I got her from Backyard Farmer in Eugene, OR. I'm not sure where they actually get their chicks from, I just assume they buy bulk from various local hatcheries but I can't say for certain where she came from. She's been laying an egg pretty much every day so she's earning her keep but I'm curious what she is if it isn't some sort of Wyandotte. She's small but she just recently started laying so her eggs are small but they're just as large as the Barred Rock's eggs who just started laying herself. I purchased those 2 along with the Light Brahma (hasn't started laying yet) at the same time.
Backyard Farmer also sold me 7 Welsummers at one point but there ended up being 2 Ameraucanas a couple years ago and this year they also sold us a Black Star which was supposed to be an Australorp. Their track record hasn't been so great !

Side note - Wyandottes do not have pea combs, they are meant to have a rose comb.
ah thanks, I had the name of it confused(I'm learning). I know visually what it's supposed to look like though and hers doesn't look like that

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom