1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My young blue orps

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by halo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ive got a lot of young blue orps growing up, from Julie, Cyn, and Jim. They are definitely in that teenage stage, but it seems that each day brings a difference; they are growing so fast.

These are some young pullets..

[​IMG]

This is a blue roo that Im growing out. He looks the nicest of the blue roos that Im growing out, but we'll wait and see. He's nearly as big as my blue rock already...he's gonna be a big 'un..

[​IMG]

This is a young pullet...

[​IMG]

These are 2 splash and 2 blue orps...the one splash is a roo; I may keep him, I can't decide yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Beauties! I'm getting a few to start incubating this week. Suede needs more ladies! My Delilah is being mated by him but isnt laying yet, dang it!

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    OMG! I need them! [​IMG] They are beautiful!!!

4. speckledhen

You do need them, Cindy, and you know just where to get those eggs, pal, LOL. They are HUGE birds, I tell you. I picked up Velvet today and that's a chunk 'o hen!

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    hehe I'd love some one of these days. They are the most gorgeous standard sized birds, IMO.

I love love love blue birds. *sigh* This is my favorite right now (splash, but still! hehe)

[​IMG]

Okay, no more picture rambling on your thread! ;-)

6. speckledhen

What a pretty Silkie! And that's alot coming from me, LOL, considering I am not a big Silkie fan.
    Kathy, are any of those Suede's?

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Cyn, I don't think they are. I went back thru my notes, and the batch of orps I got from you also came with some barred rocks; I got 5 barred rocks hatched, but I dont think any of the orps hatched. I need to keep better records.

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

What age are your chicks there halo? Mine look very similar. I have a splash orp cockerel as well, at least I'm pretty sure it is.

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I had a couple of hatches from the end of March to early May. They are pretty young.

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Very nice looking ....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by